Friday, March 26, 2010

Alternative Analogy

So I saw this commercial the other day and it looked just fine - making the analogy of the crazy job hunt of most websites to a tennis game with a bunch of hacks taking over. Analogy accepted - it makes sense.



And then I saw it a second time, and I realized the reason that the Ladders really made that commercial. Sure it's an analogy to a job hunt, but it's also an analogy to illegal immigration in the USA.

It's not that I'm against people immigrating to America, just like I'm not against everybody in the world learning to love and enjoy playing tennis. However, just opening the floodgates at Wimbledon and telling everybody to go on in and learn to play tennis, is not the right way to do it. I don't mind a bit if, eventually, the whole world wants to immigrate to America. America is the bomb, and I would like to share the blessing with anybody and everybody who wants it, nevertheless, as with anything, there's a proper way and order to accomplish such a task, and it's not just to open the flood gates and tell everybody in a rush to "Come on in!"

1 comment:

Followers