Monday, November 2, 2009

Batman!!!

I'm a big Spurs fan. Yes I'm a Jazz fan also, but ever since discovering how "the bomb" the Admiral was, I have been a huge Spurs fan. Lots of people like to get after me for this one. They ask me what I could possibly like about the Spurs, at which point I start into the Admiral and his accomplishments. Timmy D, and what a respectable player he is, Tony Parker, who is undeniably the most underrated point guard in the league, incredibly fun to watch, and plus he's French, so I have to root for my French homie. Aside from the superstars, we can also talk about Avery Johnson, Vinnie Del Negro, Steve Kerr, and countless other lesser known players that I really respect. But up until now, there has always been one point where I lose, and that was Manu Ginobili. Let's face it, he's a flopper. While he is a terrific scoring threat, the only way I've been able to defend him is with the harpring strategy. Face it Jazz fans - if Harpring was on the other team, you would hate that guy. He's dirty, scrappy, and vicious, and he gets away with it because he's smart, but you love it - as long as he's on your team. Well it's the same thing with Manu Ginobili. I have had to admit, if he wasn't a spur, I would curse like a sailor every time he flopped and got the call, so my only defense has been the harpring philosophy - Until now. Halloween night and the Argentinian maniac turns into Batman!





Manu Ginobili, you are officially my hero forever! Everybody out there who wants to rip on Manu for flopping and whatever other reason you may come up with - I'll accept your criticism once you have killed a bat with your bare hands.

And by the way, PETA, you idiots represent everything wrong with America today.


http://www.opposingviews.com/articles/opinion-peta-slams-nba-s-manu-ginobili-for-killing-bat-during-game

1 comment:

  1. The Admiral was overrated. Duncan is legit, but those other Frenchies and players from the France of South America? Lame. Spurs still suck.

    ReplyDelete

Followers