Monday, August 17, 2009

1100 pages? My letter to Barack

Well, Barack wants his Cronies telling him about all the "misinformation" about his public health care option that people like me are spreading. I wrote him a letter back when I first heard about this to report myself as well as himself as being guilty of spreading this "misinformation" (see videos below.) Then I had a better idea. Instead of ripping on him, maybe I should help him, and I'll use this email address to do it. So here is the suggestion letter I sent to Barack at flag@whitehouse.gov.

Hello President Barack,
You have set up this email address for people to be able to report lies about your proposed healthcare plan. I have a suggestion for you. Write the legislation in common people terms and make it 5 pages long. When I see you speaking, you are never citing specific portions of the bill. You're simply telling us what it says, and hoping we'll believe you. To be fair, Fox News is doing the exact same thing. Basically, the common man (that's me) we have two people telling us that the bill says two things that are exactly opposite inside of it. Who whould we believe and why? Neither source is showing any citations of the actual document...they're just expecting us to believe it.

I have a theory on why this is happening...None of you even know!!! Neither you, nor your critics have even read the bill all the way through, and certainly haven't read it through more than once to make sure you actually understand it all perfectly!! You tell me I can keep my old insurance under your plan and that not a single tax payer dollar will go into the public option because it will be self sufficient. Sean Hannity and his crew tell me the exact opposite. You both just have your underlings telling you what to say because you're too busy to actually read all 1100 pages from the bill!!! You're both busy fellows, how could either of you possibly have time to read it all, and then to try to keep track of all the minor changes it gets here and there, my heavens, what a task!!!

However, on this one, I'm going to side with Hannity because I would by far prefer to vote no on an 1100 page bill I don't have time to read than to vote yes on an 1100 page bill I don't have time to read. If the guy writing the bill can't make it simple and short enough to understand, then forget it, I vote no. Please examine documents like the constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence. You can get a lot said in just a few pages if you put your mind to it.

See you around

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers